Northamptonshire Workplace Challenge
- WPC Flyer 2018 (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
Businesses across Northamptonshire are urged to go head-to-head against their competitors through the national initiative Workplace Challenge. The aim of the programme is to promote sport, physical activity and health improvements across the UK's workplaces. The initiative encourages employees to battle it out to win points for their company or organisation by taking part in sport and physical activity.
The Workplace Challenge consists of three main elements:
- Sign up to the The Activity Log - record your sport and physical activity online on the activity log to receive points – and points make prizes! But it's not about winning - 'spot prizes' are offered during the National Activity Log challenges just for taking part.
- Try a new sport through the Competition Programme takes place throughout the year and is aimed at people who have never played the sport before, or not for a long time and would like to give it a go. Participants will get to compete against other workplaces in fun and friendly competitions led by local sports clubs and coaches. All competitions are low cost at just £3 per person, with no experience necessary and have an emphasis on fun.
- The Business Games provides the opportunity for workplaces across Northamptonshire to represent their business by taking part in an evening of sports and individual challenges. No experience is necessary and the emphasis for the whole evening is on fun. The event normally takes place in each year in July.
Sign up to the Workplace Challenge for FREE now!
Benefits to your Business
Join over 6,000 businesses and 35,000 employees who have already signed up to Workplace Challenge. Benefits include:
- Increased communication between employees and departments
- Increase team camaraderie by taking part in Business Games
- Healthier staff - Reduced sickness rates & lower absence
- Networking opportunities with other local businesses
- Increase engagement & productivity amongst your staff.
- Organisations with higher levels of engagement report 22% higher productivity
- Research shows that employees are more productive, happier and suffer less stress on days where they are active
Northamptonshire Business Games Sponsorship
Could your company sponsor the Business Games?
We are inviting local businesses and workplaces to become a sponsor of the Northamptonshire Business Games. 2018 will be our 5th year of this hugely popular countywide event.
Attracting over 160 people from 20 local workplace teams, the Business Games has become a prominent feature and highlight in Workplace Challenge programme.
Hosted by the prestigious sporting venue - Moulton College, the Summer Business Games involves workplace teams going head to head in a number of sports competitions and challenges such as; Volleyball, Bowls, Badminton, Archery, Golf, Gym Tests, Basketball and Indoor Rowing. All the sports require no previous experience, just the will to give it a go and have fun!
To finish the evening, awards are presented to the top 3 workplace teams and there is the opportunity to network and socialise with the other teams over a hog roast - the perfect end to the Games!
The Sponsorship Package for the 2018 Summer Business Games includes:
- Team entry for two teams in the Business Games
- Company logo on the Business Games T-shirt, which each competing participant receives
- Recognition in all associated press releases and media
- Recognition as a Business Games sponsor on the Workplace Challenge website with a hyperlink to their company/workplace website
- Recognition as a sponsor and inclusion in the weekly Workplace Challenge e- newsletter (Circulation to over 200 workplaces & 1200 registered employees)
- Recognition as a sponsor on the Workplace Challenge section of the main Northamptonshire Sport website (10,000 unique hits per quarter)
- Recognition as a sponsor in the Northamptonshire Sport E-Newsletter (Over 10,000 contacts)
Benefits of sponsoring the Workplace Challenge Business Games?
- Raise the profile of your company at local, regional and national level
- Enhance the image of the company as a good corporate citizen of the community
- Establish and strengthen key business relationships with other workplaces involved in the Workplace Challenge.
- Show existing and potential customers that sport, physical activity and healthy lifestyles is important to your organisation
- Set a positive example to employees that sport, physical activity and healthy lifestyles is important to your organisation
- Your company brand will be associated with a high profile national programme
- Generate increased awareness and appreciation of the business among the general public