Support and potentially funding for activities to appeal to new participants aged 14-24 year olds. Targeting the age range where data shows we have a large decline in activity levels.
We will continue to focus on changing young people's sporting behaviour from being irregularly active to becoming consistently active, helping to create a lifelong sporting habit. However, there will be a focus on the following delivery areas:
- Women and girls
- Young people with limiting disabilities
- Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Anti Social Behaviour
We will help you design clubs with young people at the heart of planning. We will work with you to take into account their barriers, motivations and attitudes to sport and physical activity.
We can support your club in setting up a satellite club by supporting with funding to :
- Purchase a set of start up equipment needed to run the club at the new site
- Support delivery costs to help get the project launched
- Fund the venue hire associated with starting up the club to help the club become sustainable
- Fund coaching/leadership qualifications to enable the club to deliver in more location.
- Fund the marketing and promotional material for the new sessions
For more information about Satellite Club Funding contact Matthew Peleszok
Sport Development Officer
I oversee the Satellite Club programme which aims to increase participation in physical activity for 14-19 year olds and Club Development for existing and new providers of physical activity and sport within the county. I also look after Sport England's Tackling Inequalities Funding which provides funding for targeted individuals to become active and the Mick George Community Fund which helps support local organisations with capital funding.
- 07342 069901