Satellite Clubs are an outpost of current sport or physical activities opportunities. They are based in new areas for that activity or delivered in a new way that appeals to new participants. They have helped us to get more 14-19 year olds make the transition to becoming activity long term and support wider wellbeing of participants.
We will continue to focus on changing young people's sporting behaviour from being irregularly active to becoming consistently active, helping to create a lifelong sporting habit. However, there will be a focus on the following delivery areas:
- Women and girls
- Young people with limiting disabilities
- Anti Social Behaviour
We will help you design clubs with young people at the heart of planning. We will work with you to take into account their barriers, motivations and attitudes to sport and physical activity.
We can support your club in setting up a satellite club by supporting with funding to :
- Purchase a set of start up equipment needed to run the club at the new site
- Pay the coaches time for a period of at least 20 weeks to help get the project launched
- Fund a Sporting Champion to come and visit the club and help with the launch of the club.
- Fund the venue hire associated with starting up the club for at least 20 weeks to help the club become sustainable
- Fund coaching/leadership qualifications to enable the club to deliver in more location.
- Fund the marketing and promotional material for the new sessions
Opportunities to be active
For more information about Satellite Club Funding contact Matthew Peleszok
Sport Development Officer
I oversee the Satellite Club programme which aims to increase participation in physical activity for 14-19 year olds and Club Development for existing and new providers of physical activity and sport within the county. I also look after Sport England's Tackling Inequalities Funding which provides funding for targeted individuals to become active and the Mick George Community Fund which helps support local organisations with capital funding.
- 07342 069901