Satellite Clubs 2019-2021
Individuals, groups, or organisations can apply for Satellite Club funding in order to initiate a new opportunity for inactive-fairly active, local young people aged 14-19.
Funding will be provided to those groups who are successful in their EOI by demonstrating the most effective use of funds.
Higher weighting of judging will be place on Satellite Clubs targeting young people aged 14-19 who meet one or more of the criteria below;
- Young people with a disability/long term health condition (including mental health).
- BAME young people (Black & Ethnic Minority, including those classed as 'White Other').
- Young people located in areas of high deprivation and those with high levels of obesity.
- Anti-Social Behaviour
Clubs must run for a minimum of 20 weeks, and take place on a weekly basis to be deemed eligible.
We strongly recommend you read our insight reports before applying to support your applications. These reports can be found here
We can support your club in setting up a satellite club by supporting with funding to :
- Purchase a set of start up equipment needed to run the club at the new site
- Pay the coaches time for a period of at least 20 weeks to help get the project launched
- Fund a Sporting Champion to come and visit the club and help with the launch of the club.
- Fund the venue hire associated with starting up the club for at least 20 weeks to help the club become sustainable
- Fund coaching/leadership qualifications to enable the club to deliver in more location.
- Fund the marketing and promotional material for the new sessions
BEFORE SUBMITTING ONLINE please see the PDF documents. We recommend making notes on the PDF as once you have started your application this must be completed in one visit and cannot be saved, or returned to.
Satellite Club Expression of Interest (PDF, 41 Kb)
We recommend making notes on the PDF as once you have started your application this must be completed in one visit and cannot be saved, or returned to.