As part of the Government roadmap to lifting Covid-19 restrictions, outdoor grassroots sport for adults and children can return from 29th March 2021, whilst indoor sports can return from 17 May 2021.
The summary below covers the main points. But, if you have a specific question that you're struggling to find an answer for, please contact us and the Northamptonshire Sport team will help.
Sport England Summary - Returning to Play- UPDATED MAY 17th
- Plan your journey in advance, car sharing is now allowed but you must wear a mask if travelling with someone outside of your household or bubble
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to 30 people and indoor gatherings are limited to 6 people or 2 households
- Organised indoor sport can take place for all. This includes gym classes. It must be organised by a business, charity or public body and the organiser must take reasonable measures to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Indoor & outdoor sport is exempt from the gathering limits for adults and children where it is formally organised
- Organised sport participation events such as races and organised walks can take place outdoors and are exempt from legal gathering limits. However they must follow the measures for organised sport participation events set out in the guidance on safe provision of grassroots sport.
- Spectators are now allowed to attend grassroot sport and physical activity sessions & events. Those attending must obey social distancing rules at all times
- Informal sport and physical activity is not covered by any exemptions, and will have to follow the legal gathering limits for outdoors: up to 30 people outdoors or two households or 6 people or 2 households indoors
- Disabled people can take part in organised outdoor and indoor sport without being subject to social contact limits
- Indoor hospitality areas such as bars can now reopen. Masks must be worn at all times when not eating or drinking
- At all times follow NGB rules, including any adaptions of the sport, to minimise the risk of transmission for all involved.