1. Skip to content
  • Rugby

What should you do?

It is important to remember that the welfare of the child is of paramount concern. However it is not up to you to decide whether or not a child has been abused, but to report concerns appropriately.

Remember support is available should you need it, through your governing body, statutory social care services and the NSPCC, as well as directly from the Child Protection in Sport Unit.

If you have concerns about the welfare of a child :

Is the child in immediate danger or are they injured?

  1. If yes - Contact the Police by dialling 999.

Report the concern:

  1. If you are affiliated to a National Governing Body, refer to their safeguarding procedures about who to report the concerns to.
  2. If your club or activity isn't affiliated to a governing body, you can seek support from the County Sports Partnership or your local Children's Social Care (Social Services).
  3. You can also seek confidential advice and guidance from the NSPCC by calling 0808 800 5000.

Ensure you keep a record of your concern and how you reported it.


01604 366 976

Latest Jobs

Relationship Manager (Cornwall, Devon & Dorset)

Salary: £25,000 per annum

Closes: 5:00pm - Tue 11th December, 2018

Community Sports Development Officer - Satellite Clubs

Salary: £24,873 to £28,340

Closes: 12:00pm - Thu 13th December, 2018

Casual Activity Assistant

Salary: 8.10 per hour

Closes: 12:00am - Wed 19th December, 2018

We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing to visit this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more