'Parents in Sport Week' is a campaign delivered by the Children Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU). The overall objective of the annual campaign is to promote and celebrate the vital contribution that parents make to youth sport. That could be helping to run a club or providing encouragement and support to their child participating.
This year, the campaign theme centres around giving parents the information and tools they need to be part of the bigger safeguarding picture in sport. The knowledge gained will empower parents with the confidence, understanding, and tools they need to identify and report concerns in their child's sport.
There are a number of free resources for parents to use:
Parents in Sport Week 2021
Ways parents can support 'Parents in Sport Week'
- Use the #ParentsinSportWeek hashtag on your social media profiles and tagging @NSPCC and @TheCPSU
- Sign up as a Parents in Sport Week campaigner
- Talk to other parents about the campaign and spread awareness about the resources
- Use the resources and take the e-learning course, the links are above
Ways sports clubs or activity providers can support 'Parents in Sport Week'
- Asking parents in your club to take the e-learning course
- Sharing the animation to your social media profiles
- Using the #ParentsinSportWeek hashtag on social media and sharing links to the resources