Held at Sywell Country Park, Washbrook Lane, Ecton, Northampton NN6 0QX - Directions
From TBC Saturday Morning Swims will commence from 08:00 to 11:00
This will be made up from 3 time slots starting at 08:00 / 09:00 / 10:00
From TBC Wednesday Evening Swims will commence from 18:00 to 19:30
This will be made up from 3 time slots starting at 18:00 / 18:30 / 19:00
The course is a 500 metre rectangle, there is also a shorter inner rectangle of 250 metres
Register & Book
Each session is £3 and there is a £1 online booking fee
There are be two booking options
- A single swim slot
- A block of 3 which consists of 3 sessions on consecutive days e.g. 10:00 on 4th, 11th and 18th July.
The block cannot be spread across days for example 2 Saturday Swims and 1 Wednesday Swim. Slot swops are permitted and these should be advised by the swim slot owner to email@example.com
The minimum age for swimmers is 8, children between 8 and 12 must be accompanied by a competent adult. Depending on conditions or the assessed competence of the young Swimmer the swim may refuse access to the lake
Bookings for swims will close at 18:00 on the Thursday before the Saturday swim and 18:00 on Monday before the Wednesday evening swims. This deadline also applies to swap applications
Click on the correct image below to head to the booking site
Please note, the booking does not include car parking this must be paid for separately on the day or season ticket options are available.
- Daily parking costs - The daily cost to park at each of the country parks is £3.20 in coins for up to 4 hours or £5.20 for up to 8 hours or £7.20 for up to 12 hours.
- Annual parking passes - Covering all five parks. £51.50
- Annual parking passes - Parking in one named park. £38
Apply for Country Parks Parking Pass - You can apply for an annual car park pass online or renew your current pass.
What to Wear
Please make sure you remember your goggles, brightly coloured swim hat and if you are swimming without a wetsuit - your tow float.
There will be limited kit for sale such as tow floats but due to the current situation we will not be hiring out wetsuits – we will update you as soon as this changes
You will only be permitted to swim in the time slot you have booked for and if you have not booked in advance you will not be permitted to swim, there are no exceptions.
- Swimmers must at all times maintain social distancing, at the start of the session, time slot 1, Swimmers will be invited to queue to swim from the swim entry point.
- Every 15 seconds a Swimmer will be invited forward and at this point they must quote their name.
- 10 minutes before the end of the Saturday swim session (less for the evening session), no new laps will be allowed to start which will be controlled by a kayak or the powered craft, there will also be a sound signal to warn of the session close. At this point all swimmers must complete the lap they are on and return to the shore. As soon as is practical swimmers will be requested to vacate the swim mustering, entry and exit points.
- At the allotted time, the swimmers in time slot 2 will start the process of logging with the Swim Director and starting their Swim.
- For time slot 3 the processes for slots 1 and 2 will be repeated
- Each Swim Slot will to be reconciled before the subsequent session completes.
Want to get involved?
We are always on the lookout for new volunteers and by getting involved you could earn yourself a free swim, please click here for more details.