Daventry set to Get Up & Go
Posted: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 13:30
Brand new Get Up & Go classes are set to launch in Daventry this February!
As the Get Up & Go programme expands across the county we are excited to be able to announce the launch of two brand new session for older adults in Daventry.
Each year around one third of all people aged over 65 will have a fall and the consequences can be significant, often triggering a downward spiral of loss of confidence and independence, with increased reliance on health and social care services.
The Get Up & Go programme uses an effective, evidence-based programme which is specifically designed to help older people increase their strength and balance, and therefore reduce the risk of them having a fall, known as OTAGO.
To access the opportunities available in Daventry, please see the table below:
- Daventry Brass Band Hall - Thursday - 1.15pm - 2.30pm - £4.00 - Mel Wade - 07795 185365 email@example.com - Starting Thursday 5th March 2020.
- Moulton Community Centre (Beginner) – Monday – 10.30am -11.30am - £4.50 – Marcus Hall – Contact: Raphael Davighi - 07909631037
- Moulton Community Centre (intermediate) – Monday – 12.00pm – 1.00pm - £4.50 – Marcus Hall - Contact: Raphael Davighi - 07909631037
- Memorial Hall, Woodford Halse – Thursday – 9.15am – 10.15am - £3.00 – Mel Wade - 07795 185365 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brixworth Library (Community Room) – Monday – 1.00pm – 2.00pm – Jane Simons - 07910 124716 - Jane@simonsfamily.eu
- Brxiworth Library (Community Room) – Wednesday – 10.30am – 11.30am - Jane Simons - 07910 124716 - Jane@simonsfamily.eu
- Reach For Health, Daventry – Thursday – 10.30am – 11.30am – Wadge Grzelak – 01327 871118
For more information on the Get Up & Go Programme, follow the link to the programmes page below.