Mind Seeks Organisations to Become Regional Network Hubs
Posted: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 18:00
Mind are excited to announce the creation of nine sport, physical activity and mental health Regional Networks. The Regional Networks are a result of a co-design process with 35 regional sport, physical activity and mental health organisations as well as consultation with key partners such as Sport England.
The Regional Networks will bring together sport, physical activity and mental health organisations to work together to increase the number of groups in their region who are equipped with the skills to support and engage people with mental health problems in physical activity. The Regional Networks will:
- Utilise and promote Mind's Universal Offer (e.g. training, toolkits and resources) within their region,
- Build relationships between sport, physical activity and mental health organisations within their region,
- Encourage organisations to join the Network,
- Share good practice and relevant updates from Mind, and
- Help Mind with requests for support within their region.
Each Network will be led by a Regional Network Hub who will be the main point of contact and coordinate its activities. Organisations can apply to be a Regional Network Hub and will receive £10,000 funding and support from Mind until March 2021. Applicants will need to demonstrate how they will sustain their Network after this time.
Hubs will have autonomy for designing, delivering and implementing their Regional Network but will need to achieve three outcomes by March 2021:
1. Engage and support a minimum of 70 sport, physical activity and mental health organisations in their region. E.g. attending a Network meeting/event, taking part in training or general support
2. Upskill 160 individuals (e.g. coaches, volunteers, workforce) in mental health awareness. Free eLearning access codes will be provided as well as funding to host a face-to-face training delivered by a local Mind.
3. Host at least four face-to-face meetings and/or events and at least two virtual networking opportunities.
Mind encourages any organisation who can demonstrate how they will bring together sport, physical activity and mental health organisations in their region and make their Regional Network sustainable to apply.
You can find more information on the Regional Networks attached at the bottom of this article.
Mind will be hosting a webinar on Friday 16th August 10.30-11.30am to run through the Regional Network Hub application and answer questions. You can access this webinar via the following link.