Funding available for 14-19 year olds to get more physically active
Posted: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:20
Northamptonshire Sport is looking for partner organisations to help create some new and exciting physical activity sessions for children and young adults aged 14-19 years of age.
Through funding obtained from Sport England we have opened a funding window where charities, youth organisations, volunteer organisations or sports clubs can apply for financial support to create new sessions or add on sessions to current non sporting opportunities.
With a deadline of the 9th August organisations/ groups can apply for funding to set up and run these sessions and train a volunteer workforce to create a sustainable program. All applications will be considered but preference will be given to those targeting.
- Young people with a disability/long term health condition (including mental health).
- BAME young people (Black & Ethnic Minority, including those classed as 'White Other').
- Young people located in areas of high deprivation and those with high levels of obesity.
Clubs must run for a minimum of 20 weeks, and take place on a weekly/ fortnightly basis to be deemed eligible.
We are looking for the more creative ideas where real consultation with young people about what they want.
- Extension of youth clubs to co deliver physical activity sessions alongside coaches.
- Cycle mechanic sessions where students learn new skills and then go out for a group ride.
- Friday night street play sessions to tackle anti-social behaviour.
For more details and to apply visit here
This initial stage of the first application round is currently live until Friday 9th August. If you are successful with your expression of interest, you will then be invited to a workshop in August which will be the final stage of application where we will work with you to finalize your new Satellite Club plans. If you are not able to submit an EOI in July 2019 there will be another application window that will be live during November 2019.