Building A Workforce For A More Active Northamptonshire
Posted: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 08:28
'Building A Workforce For A More Active Northamptonshire' sets out the future direction for workforce planning, development and investment across Northamptonshire. The plan will help to guide organisations in the county with their own workforce development plans and initiatives to create a fit for the future workforce within the context and aligned to the county Physical Activity and Sport Framework' - Northamptonshire More Active, More Often'.
The main purpose of the plan is to:
* Develop a more customer focussed motivated workforce which will improve the participants experience of physical activity.
* Develop a more diverse workforce with the competencies, behaviours and soft skills to engage more people from under-represented groups, particularly the priority groups identified in the county Physical Activity Framework.
* Develop a highly motivated competent professional workforce that can help to drive participation levels.
* Change the culture and perception of the workforce working within the sport sector.
* Develop a countywide approach to developing the workforce providing clear evidence and impact driven outcomes.
The plan outlines three strategic priorities which aims to place the needs and motivations of the least active at the heart of all practice. For each priority, there a set of 'Key Actions' which will help to achieve the 'Key Outcome' and 'Success Measures' for that priority.
The Plan has reached the stage where it requires comment and feedback from those organisations, stakeholders and individuals who may play a part in its delivery. Head to https://www.northamptonshiresport.org/northamptonshire-workforce-plan to take part in the consultation. Deadline: 25th January 2019.