A new parkrun coming soon to Towcester
Posted: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:53
Fresh air. Friendly competition. Every Saturday at 9am. Hit the great outdoors with parkrun's free events – coming soon to Towcester.
All levels of runner are welcome to get involved. Whether you're pulling on your trainers for the first time or love to conquer marathons, make Saturday your day to run.
parkruns are part of a national initiative and provide free, weekly, timed 5km running events in local communities every Saturday morning. parkrun events are organised entirely by volunteers, without whom there would be no parkrun.
To help us get this new initiative off the ground we are looking for a pool of volunteer's who can do the following tasks;
- Run Director: someone responsible for being in charge of the overall management of a parkrun event on the day, by:
Making sure that all the volunteers present have a responsibility and know what they have to do; being aware and in charge of the event's health and safety; making sure the course is correctly set up with the required signage; welcoming the runners; doing the pre-run briefing talk; starting the run; processing the results after the run and send the results to the HQ (through Internet).
- General Volunteer: to include the following tasks;
- Timer: responsible for operating the timing device,
- Registration: responsible for scanning the finish positions and the runners' barcode ID
- Numbers: responsible for handling the position tokens to all runners finishers as they cross the finish line
- Assistant: assists the Number Token Distributor by preparing the stacks of number disks.
You don't need to be a runner to volunteer, just someone who may have an hour or two spare every other Saturday morning who we can call upon to help with the coordination and smooth running of the event. All parkrun volunteers will receive training.
Volunteering at parkruns is fun, rewarding and provides a great social experience.
If you are interested in getting involved in the exciting new initiative contact;
Anna Harrington – firstname.lastname@example.org for more details