Nordic Walking Taster Sessions and Beginners Courses
Posted: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 15:31
Nordic Walking uses all the major muscles in the body, giving you a full body workout, whilst burning up to twice as many calories as ordinary walking.
- Uses 90% of your major muscles so your upper body gets toned as well as your legs and bum!
- Burns 20-40% extra calories
- It takes the pressure off your knees and joints and is great for back and neck problems
- You can get the most out of even a fairly short walk!
Schedule of Taster Sessions – only £5
- Thursday 5th January, 10am at Croyland Park, Wellingborough
- Saturday 7th January, 10am at Abington Park, Northampton
- Tuesday 17th January, 1:00pm at Castle Ashby
- Thursday 23rd February, 10am at Croyland Park, Wellingborough
- Saturday 25th February, 10am at Abington Park, Northampton
Schedule of Beginners Learn to Nordic Walk Courses - £30 for 4 weeks including the use of poles
- Thursday 12th, 19th, 26th January & Thursday 2nd February. 10am at Croyland Park
- Saturday 14th, 21st, 28th January and Saturday 4th February. 10am at Abington Park
- Tuesday 31st January, Tuesday 7th & 14th February at 1:00pm and Tuesday 21st February at 2:00pm (to join in with the regular walk group) at Castle Ashby
- Thursday 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd March. 10am at Croyland Park
- Saturday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th March. 10am Abington Park.
For more information and to book visit: https://www.northamptonshiresport.org/learn-to-nordic-walk-courses or contact Sarah Harvey: Sarah.Harvey@firstforwellbeing.co.uk / 01604 366752