Northamptonshire announced as Bowls Hot Spot
Posted: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 09:51
Northamptonshire Sport and the Bowls Development Alliance (BDA) have announced an exciting new partnership which will see Northamptonshire identified as one of six new BDA Hot Spot areas, with effect of 1st January 2015.
Appointed for an initial 12 month period, affiliated clubs within Northamptonshire will be able to enjoy the financial and non-financial support benefits associated with becoming a Hot Spot. Each Hot Spot will be hosting at least one Club Night in January, to which all clubs within the region are invited to attend to find out more about the project. The evening will focus on support available to clubs, coaching qualifications and funding opportunities. For more details, please contact Alex Le Guével (Lead Officer for Northamptonshire Sport – firstname.lastname@example.org).
Northamptonshire Sport and the BDA will be looking to work closely with interested Bowls clubs and organisations to increase awareness, opportunity and participation within the sport. Two of the key objectives will be increasing the number of individuals aged 55+ playing the sport on a regular basis and increasing the number of disabled participants who play the sport.
Hot Spot status will mean that over the next two years an intensive recruitment and investment programme will take place within the county, including access to BDA products such as Play Bowls Road Shows, Play Bowls Days and Play Bowls 4 Fun. There will also be increased opportunities to access the BDA's Just One events.
The full list of newly announced Hot Spots can be found below:
- Active Cumbria (Lead Officer – Bruce Lawson - Bruce.Lawson@cumbria.gov.uk)
- Lincolnshire Sport (Lead Officer – Rachel Belcher - Rachel.Belcher@lincolnshiresport.com)
- Northamptonshire Sport (Lead Officer – Alex Le Guével - ALeGuevel@northamptonshire.gov.uk)
- Suffolk Sport (Lead Officer – Ben Jackson - Ben.Jackson@eastsuffolk.gov.uk)
- Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership (Lead Officer – Jane Knowles - JKnowles@sasp.co.uk)
- Sport Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire (Lead Officer – Sue Bentley - email@example.com)
For further information, please contact: Paul Humphreys (Development Manager) via 07557 819569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.