Team SND continues to grow as Winter School Games edges closer
Posted: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:03
With 3 months to go until the Northamptonshire Winter School Games, preparations and competitions in South Northants and Daventry are well under way to identify the class of 2014/15 who have the task of retaining the trophy for the Partnership.
Taking place between the 24-27th February 2015 at Kettering Arena, the Northamptonshire Winter School Games will bring the best teams from the five School Sports Partnerships across the county together to battle out across 44 separate competitions from 13 different sports.
This year, engagement with the School Games in South Northants and Daventry has massively increased with more schools and pupils accessing competitions. As a result of this, we are predicting that this year will be our strongest team yet.
Schools who have earnt their place as part of Team SND so far this year include:
- Woodland View Primary School and Hardingstone Academy (Year 5/6 Mixed Football)
- Hardingstone Academy and Rothersthorpe Primary School (Year 5/6 Girls Football)
- Spatton Primary School and Overstone Primary School (Year 5/6 Small Schools Football)
- Bracken Leas Primary School and Harpole Primary School (Year 5/6 Tag Rugby)
- Campion School (Year 7 Girls Table Tennis)
- Caroline Chisholm School (Year 7 Boys Table Tennis and Year 7/8 Girls Volleyball)
- Guilsborough School (Year 9/10 Boys and Girls Volleyball)
- The Elizabeth Woodville School - North Campus (Year 7/8 Boys Volleyball)
Congratulations to all these teams who have competed their way to represent the Partnership and over the coming months, these schools will be joined by teams competing in Badminton, Sportshall Athletics, Basketball, Dodgeball, Futsal, Rowing, New Age Kurling and Boccia.
You can show your support to your friends and school by tracking their progress during the week on Twitter by following @SNDSchoolSport and using the #TeamSND.