County Young Coach Conference 2014
Posted: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:32
Northamptonshire Sport, in partnership with Manor School and Youth Sport Trust are delighted to announce the 2014-15 County Young Coach Academy in association with the Lead School for Leadership, Coaching and Volunteering Project.
New for 2014-15, we will be offering two conferences, providing the opportunity for previous Leaders to gain some follow on support, as well as allow the development of new Leaders in the county. The first of the conferences will take place on Saturday 15th November 2014 at The Wooldale Learning Centre, Caroline Chisholm School from 9.30-3.30pm.
Therefore we are inviting Young Leaders and Coaches from the 2013-14 programme, as well as new Coaches and Leaders to apply to attend this one day (FREE!) event. The eligibility criteria for the event are:
- Be at least 14 years old by the date of the Young Coach and Official County Conference (15th November 2014)
- Currently coach or officiate within a school or community club environment or have other leadership experience within either, and be looking to progress
- Have a reference from a School Teacher or Club Coach
- Look to increase the number of hours that they currently offer to coaching or officiating
- Have good communication and organisational skills and an ability to inspire
- Be committed to developing as a coach or official in your sport in the future
- Be available to attend the Young Coach and Official County Conference on 15th November 2014.
The day will be filled with useful workshops to help develop your coaching skills and allow you to exhibit what you have learned in a group Coaching session towards the end of the day, including: Communication Skills, Planning, Feedback and Health and Safety.
As part of this programme, we are also able to offer attendees the opportunity to be mentored in their community or school club setting by a qualified mentor!!
If this sounds of interest to you, you fulfil the above criteria and you are available to attend on the 15th November, please complete the attached registration form and return to: email@example.com or post to: Northamptonshire Sport, 8-10 The Lakes, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 7YD.