Football Development Officer
Ipswich Town Football Club Community Trust is currently looking to recruit a full time Football Development Officer. We are seeking an experienced individual who has worked in a similar role previously to join our team who will be passionate about football and the development of players.
About Football Development Officer
Ipswich Town Football Club Community Trust is currently looking to recruit a full time Football Development Officer.
We are seeking an experienced individual who has worked in a similar role previously to join our team who will be passionate about football and the development of players.
You will be an ambitious and enthusiastic professional, who is flexible and target driven and has an ability to recognise new opportunities and develop existing relationships to deliver. You will have a great understanding of how to sustain and increase participation with an ability to network with local clubs, schools and organisations to build relationships.
This is a full time role requiring flexibility based on a 37.5 hour per week.
Ipswich Town Community Trust Vision
To support the ongoing development of individuals and helping them to achieve their goals by delivering quality innovative services through football.
- To deliver professional, quality, safe, affordable services to all users
- Invest in and support staff to enable development and progression
- Provide excellent communication and customer care
- Provide opportunities that empower and engage all users
Job Role Outline
This role will oversee the 'invitation only' football development provisions. Currently delivering an Advanced Training Centre (ATC) and Elite Player Development Centre's (EPDC), supporting and developing footballers between the ages of 6-16 ensuring life long memories are created through positive experiences.
The role will encourage individual development of participants through a well-planned syllabus, including the introduction of tours, player reports and community engagement events.
- To deliver an outstanding experience for children and parents across the Football Development Programme within invitation activities.
- To implement effective ATC and EPDC technical programmes
- To organise and deliver effective Football Tours.
- To act as a positive role model for all children, staff and potential future coaches.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Organise and develop the current 'invitation only' Football Development Centre's.
- Market & advertise the programme over the correct time periods and prepare a schedule for the year including preparation of flyers and school letters (All Marketing material).
- Develop the kid's courses experience for new and regular customers.
- Increase delivery and participation across Suffolk in line with agreed KPI's.
- To successfully organise the syllabus and prepare coaching staff to deliver within the programme.
- To ensure all paperwork and planning is up to date and accurate.
- To liaise with the Head of Community regarding access to finance.
- Liaise with Schools Co-ordinator for collaborative working.
- Liaise with colleges with regular visits and provide staff CPD.
- Organise and deliver annual Football Tour.
- As part of this role, the Football Development Officer will be expected to deliver on other areas of the Programme when required to do so by the Head of Community
Ipswich Town Community Trust Responsibilities
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including safeguarding, Health & Safety, Behaviour Management, Equality and Diversity, Data Protection, and Quality Assurance and follow all policies and procedures within the staff handbook.
- To follow and work by all procedures in accordance to the Ipswich Town Community Trust.
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- To report to Line Manager and attend Ipswich Town Community Trust staff meetings when requested.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Head of Community.
Generic Skills and Attributes
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Attention to detail
Willingness to work unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends.
A drive to help people achieve their goals through sport.
Experience and proven track record of delivering organisational outcomes
Role Specific Skills and Attributes
Excellent IT skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Excellent organisational skills
Able to produce accurate written work
Ability to communicate with young people and parents effectively
Ability to work to deadlines and meet targets to assist the charity's growth
Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Able to manage large groups effectively and safely
Hold FA Level 2 Coaching Qualification
Hold FA Level 3 Coaching Qualification (UEFA B)
Hold FA Youth Modules 1 & 2
Hold FA Youth Module 3 Assessed
Hold First Aid and Safeguarding qualifications
Hold Full driving licence
Ability to use initiative and make decisions
Use social media channels regarding our presence and promotions on all platforms.
Short listing and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close early should suitable candidates be found.
Applicants should be aware that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individuals during the recruitment process.
Closing date: Monday 27th January 2020
Ipswich Town Community Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you have the required skills, please apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Northamptonshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.