Healthy & Active Lifestyles Apprenticeship
East Northamptonshire Council want to recruit an Apprentice to support the Healthy & Active Lifestyles Officer to develop and implement our Healthy & Active Lifestyles Strategy which focuses on building a healthier and more active community through increased participation in sport, physical activity and active recreation. You will also support the Council’s Leisure Services Contractor with the development of our joint Active Communities Programme which aims to ensure that local residents can enjoy high quality leisure and recreation opportunities all around the District.
- East Northamptonshire Council, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ
- Contact Name
- Joe Bailey
- Contact Telephone
- 01832 742195
- Contact Email
- You will be working 37 hours a week with a salary dependent on your age of at least £159.34 per week for the first 6 months. (subject to a potential increase in April 2019) This will increase after 6 months and increase again after 1 year to the National
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Wed 13th February, 2019
- 12:00pm - Tue 5th March, 2019
- Interview Date
- Thu 14th March, 2019
About Healthy & Active Lifestyles Apprenticeship
You will be responsible for;
• Positively promoting engagement in sport, physical activity and active recreation
• Assisting in the development and delivery of our Active Communities Programmes
• Developing and maintaining a Clubs Directory to provide up to date information on all the opportunities for residents to be active within the District
• Assisting in the promotion and marketing of our services using all relevant media platforms
• Assisting in the administration and delivery of our Walking for Health programme.
• Providing administration support to the Healthy & Active Lifestyles Officer
• Supporting colleagues within the department with various administration duties as required
To be successful in this role you will understand the benefits of physical activity for individuals, families and communities and know why adopting an active and healthy lifestyle is important. You will be a positive role model and be approachable. You will be enthusiastic, reliable, have a polite manner and a friendly approach to help you communicate with people at all levels. You will be passionate about encouraging people to be active and will be able to promote and assist in the delivery of a range of our activity programmes. You must be keen to learn and work to agreed targets. You will need to be a good team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative when required.
What will I get from this role?
Apprenticeships combine the opportunity of paid work with a formal training programme. You will be working 37 hours a week with a salary dependent on your age of at least £159.34 per week for the first 6 months. (subject to a potential increase in April 2019) This will increase after 6 months and increase again after 1 year to the National Living Wage. Through the training you will be able to achieve an NVQ Level 2 Community Activator Coach Award. Additional training specific to the role will also be provided.
Northamptonshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.