Sports Enrichment Officer
Sports Enrichment Officer
- Shane Ward / 01476 566801 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northampton, Malcolm Arnold Academy, NN2 6JW
- £15,300 15,300
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 16th November, 2017
- 12:00am - Mon 11th December, 2017
- Job Reference
- Interview Date
- Fri 15th December, 2017
About the role
|Sport is at the heart of the David Ross Education Trust (DRET), a multi-academy Trust with a geographical focus across the East Midlands. The network is a mix of primary, secondary and special academies.|
As a DRET Sports Enrichment Officer (SEO) you will support Malcolm Arnold Academy in delivering the Trust's sports enrichment agenda and their sports plan. Alongside PE staff you will help create, promote and drive the sports offering and encourage and enthuse our students to take part. From working with our Olympian partners to supporting the management of our major sporting tournaments, DRET is looking for individuals to help our students access the unique opportunities the Trust offers.
Candidates must have a passion for sport and will ideally be seeking experience in the education, sports development or events sector or be considering a PGCE. Individuals will need to be energetic and inspiring, as well as outcome driven.
37 hours per week
Fixed term vacancy (end of academic year 2019) with possible option to extend for a further year.
Salary & Benefits
- £15,300 PA
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- Holder of a 'Level 1' coaching qualification and/or personal experience within sports at a regional, county and/or elite level. Willingness to gain a level 2 qualification if required
- Passion for sport and experience in coaching, development, organisation or delivery
- Positive role model, demonstrating self-motivation and mature interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a warm, respectful and valued rapport with young people.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) including presentations.
- High personal and professional standards, including recognition of the confidentiality issues impacting upon work in a school (e.g. access to sensitive pupil medical or family information).
- Awareness of safeguarding legislation and issues and full commitment to safeguarding practice.
- Willingness to travel between academies and a flexible approach to duties undertaken and extra-curricular involvement.
- Ability to communicate with pupils, parents, staff and other members of the Trust
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach, with a can-‐‐do attitude.
- Flexible approach to duties undertaken, sports taught and working hours
- Ability to deliver and manage sessions with large numbers of students
To apply and for further details, please visit: http://www.dret.co.uk/vacancies/sports-enrichment-officer-ref-731/
Northamptonshire Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.