The aim of the Inspiring Bursary Scheme is to develop a broader and more diverse workforce by up-skilling coaches from under-represented groups. We also want to find coaches that can really engage with the least active communities and beginners from priority groups* which is key priority outlined in the Northamptonshire Workforce Plan: Building a Workforce for a More Active Northamptonshire 2019 – 21
Under-represented groups includes, women and individuals from the following groups; Diverse Ethnic Communities, lower socio-economic, disabled/limiting disability, aged 65 years plus and/or living with a mental health condition.
*Priority target groups includes: inactive adults and people with limiting disabilities and people from lower socio-economic group
Who will the Inspiring Bursary Scheme fund?
- Coaches, leaders, volunteers, activators who are from an under-represented group themselves or are delivering to adult participants from an under-represented group .
- Coaches, leaders, volunteers, activators delivering physical activity sessions to adults that are new to the sport/activity and the priority target groups.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from paid coaches or volunteers aged 16+ who are actively, or are planning to coach adults within the county.
Who cannot apply?
- Officials such as umpires, referees & judges.
- Non Northamptonshire residents.
What and how much can you apply for?
- Applications for Activator, Leadership, Exercise Instructor, and NGB Level 1 and Level 2 Coaching Courses.
- Individuals can apply for one award per financial year (Up until 31st March 2021).
- The bursary will pay up to 75% of the course cost to a maximum of £300 per applicant, at the discretion of the panel.
- Applications must be received prior to the start date of the qualification or course. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- The application must be supported by a reference. The referee can be from a senior club member, NGB, local authority or key representative from the third sector.
- An independent panel will meet within 2 weeks of the closing date of each round.
- Each application will be scored based on the quality of application and the aims and objective's of the scheme.
- Applicants will receive email correspondence notifying them of the panel decision.
- If successful, further information about how to claim and provide monitoring will be sent out in due course.
Applications for the Inspiring Bursary Scheme are currently closed
If you are interested in coaching or leading younger people aged 14-19 , take a look at our Satellite Club's pages to find out about additional project support on offer.
For further information about the Inspiring Bursary Scheme in Northamptonshire, contact:
School Sports Development Officer & Workforce Development Officer
In my role as School Sports Development Officer I facilitate School Games events and leadership opportunities for schools in the Northampton School Sports Partnership. In addition, I work as a Workforce Development Officer, where I lead on tasks related to volunteering & coaching
- 07921 092801