Summary: Northants Together Satellite Clubs is a small grant programme offering local organisations £200 to deliver free live streamed opportunities for anyone to get active at home. The sessions should be predominantly aimed at 14-19 year olds. Sessions will be added to our activity and class finder which helps participants find and join live streamed activities and classes to join and stay active while at home. Northants Together Satellite Clubs is a Northamptonshire Sport project that is being primarily funded via Sport England and The National Lottery.
- Contact Name
- Matthew Peleszok
- 07342 069901
- Amount Available
- up to £200
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Coach / Officials, Disability Groups, Improving Health, Social Welfare Outcomes
- Specific Locations
About Northants Together
The country is in the midst of a global pandemic (Covid-19) which is requiring people to stay home and, in some cases, self-isolate from others. Thus, opportunities to be active have significantly changed. There has been a reduction in people's ability to be active with others, for example attending classes at the gym or playing within a club setting, but there is an increased opportunity for people to be active at home or in other solo settings. Such opportunities are also aided by the increase in technology.
Sport England have two immediate priorities over this period:
Supporting the sector: Action to ensure it comes through this period in as strong a position as possible
Keeping the nation moving: Doing everything we can to encourage people to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is now more important than ever.
We know there are lots of people who are normally inactive looking to be active and a lot of people who are usually fairly active or active that are now looking for things to do at home.
Northamptonshire Sport supports Sport England's priorities and one of the ways in which we want to help is by providing support for local organisations to be able to deliver sport and physical activity sessions virtually allowing participants to join in from their own homes.
- All projects must adhere to and remind participants of the governments guidance on social distancing and preventing the spread of the virus
- Projects must be listed on the Northamptonshire Sport Activity and class finder (these can be open or closed sessions) https://www.northamptonshiresport.org/activity-finder/
- Projects need to deliver up to 150 minutes of physical activity over a weekly period with each session lasting between 30-60 minutes
- Projects must be delivered with no or minimal equipment as participants may not have access to the same items.
- All sessions must be lived streamed
- All sessions must be provided free of charge
- Sessions must be delivered between the 20th April and 20th May.
- All funded projects will need to complete a minimum operating standards checklist
- Where possible the Grant should be paid into a Community Organisation bank account
The £200 grant funding can be used towards:
- Live Streaming Platform licence
How to apply:
- Complete a short application form including:
- Saying how you will engage teenagers.
- What access you have to teenagers currently.
- What makes the deliverer the right person for the session?
- Submit a 2 minute pilot video.
Northamptonshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.