About Harborough LC Junior Badminton Club
We are the only Junior Badminton club in the Market Harborough area available for players from aged 8 to under 18 (as classified by the criteria for school year 13) regardless of previous experience or ability. We offer structured sessions for learning and fun too! Members are invited to play in external tournaments when appropriate. We are affiliated to Badminton England (CL000029), and follow their guidance in our code of conduct for young people and other policies. With a Constitution, Code of Conducts & Welcome Leaflets the club continue to receive renewal accreditation as a Badminton England Premier Club and Sport England Clubmark. Joint ventures between Harborough District Council and the club on "Sportivate", a "Satellite Club" and "Try a Sport" projects have introduced badminton into the community.
These projects also continue to help to have new members join the weekly Wednesday night 4:00 to 5:00pm; 5:00 to 6:00pm & 6:00 to 7:00pm sessions. With level 1 and 2 coaches plus adult volunteers in attendance the four courts at Harborough Leisure Centre are now used by players of beginner and intermediate ability levels. A competition by members to design a club badge and select a shirt colour means they now have their own distinctive club shirt, shorts & skorts
For the new season 2019/20 the club will again have three badminton sessions. The 4:00 to 5:00pm is currently aimed at aged 8 to 15 years (school years 3 to 10 only). The 5:00 to 6:00pm sessions is currently aimed at aged 11 to 16 years (school years 6 to 11 only). The 6:00 to 7:00pm session is aimed at aged 14 to 18 years (school years 10 to 13 only). Dependant on numbers players aged 12 and 13 years (from school years 8 & 9) would be accepted to the 6:00 to 7:00pm session based on their playing ability. We will operate a waiting list for all three sessions when applicable. Over the next year, the club's strategy will be to also work with local Junior Schools to give younger children a taste and fun of the sport that hopefully means more weekly sessions are required at appropriate age groups (and ability) to meet the demand and age groups of all club members. All members will be registered with Badminton England for season 2019/20 as a membership of either (i) "RACKET PACK (0-11 years)" or (ii) "JUNIOR (12-18 years)". The total Autumn, Spring & Summer Term costs are in the form of 11 monthly BACS standing order payments (September 2019 to July 2020) of £13.00 (Free for a third child) payable on the 1st of the month, which includes Badminton England membership fee & Club tournament internal entry fee. There will be no refund for non-attendance. Total cost will be adjusted to reflect date new players first join the Club in a Term session. In addition, a club hoodie top will be provided free of charge as part of initially joining the club. In addition, this season a free club shirt, which will be required to wear at the weekly Wednesday badminton sessions (suitable sizes will be established on the first weeks attendance). Children will have the opportunity to take part in Badminton England "The Racket Pack" award scheme.
- All weeks will include an element in respect of Preparing to Play activities, Single & Double Ladders, Fun & Conditioned Games.
- Within each week the tasks will be adjusted on the various courts to reflect the needs of all the players' abilities (i.e. beginner / intermediate).
- Children will have the opportunity to take part in Badminton England "The Racket Pack" award scheme. This will be the awards: "Tink" for aged 7, 8 & 9 and "Flo" for aged 9, 10 & 11. The award "Wise" for club level aged 12-13 years but all older members will have the opportunity to engage.
- The Six Sigma method of DMAIC (i.e. Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control) will be used at various stages over the weeks in relation to a selected range of shot skills by using Yonex 300 shuttles of both medium & fast speeds or Babolat No 1 or No 2 Feather shuttles.
- A BKL Automatic Shuttlecock Launcher will also be available to be used.
- The FocusX2 analysis software programme tool using captured video footage of the players movements will also be used at various stages over the Autumn, Spring & Summer Terms to help improve players technical & tactical skills.
- This would only apply when permission for the young person had been given on the enrolment form to be filmed or photographed during any coaching / club session
4:00 to 5:00pm Sessions - aimed at aged 8 to 15 years (mainly school years 3 to 10) - See also separate Activity section below for more details.
5:00 to 6:00pm Sessions - aimed at aged 11 to 16 years (school years 6 to 11 only) - See also separate Activity section below for more details.
6:00 to 7:00pm Sessions - aimed at aged 14 to 18 years (school years 10 to 13 only) Dependant on Numbers, players from School years 8/9 – aged 12/13 would be accepted based on playing ability - See also separate Activity section below for more details.
For further information or to join a session please contact Ray Phipkin (Club Head Coach) on 07582 195940 or e-mail email@example.com or Lynda Haynes (Club Secretary) on 07901 935105 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Club web site : http://www.harboroughlcjuniors.org.uk/
Northamptonshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.