Get Up & Go with Sally
Northampton Leisure Trust and Sally have kindly produced a virtual Get Up & Go class for all of the participants engaged with the Get Up & Go programme.
It is recommended that you only take part in these videos at home if you have been to a Get Up & Go class in Northamptonshire and have been guided previously by a trained instructor on how to complete the exercises.
If you are going to follow this video or any class online, please ensure that you consider the following points when setting up the area you are going to exercise in:
- Avoid leaving items on the stairs – they can become a tripping hazard
- Wear well-fitting shoes and slippers
- Remove loose rugs, or use tape to stick down corners
- Landings, stairs and hallways should be well lit
- Ensure stairs are maintained – damaged or worn carpet should be repaired or removed if possible.
By opting to undertake the exercises guided by Sally, you do so at your own risk.
If you are interested in accessing your local 'Get Up & Go' class once the lockdown for COIVD-19 has been lifted, you can do so by contacting the leading development officer below.
Sports Development Officer
Fraser looks after: My role is lead for the Falls Prevention Project in Northamptonshire. I co-ordinate the 'Get Up & Go' project across Northants, supporting older adults in the county to remain independent, maintain health and prevent falls from occurring.