Inclusive Activity Programme
- Hazelwood Neighbourhood Centre
- Contact Name
- Will Heckford
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 07795 256199
- Sun, 03 Feb 2019 (10:00 - 13:00)
- Featured; Disability Sport; Volunteering;
This 3-hour workshop, developed in partnership with Activity Alliance, will equip you with the skills to engage disabled people and people with long-term health conditions more effectively in activities – but actually just make you a better coach!
How do you currently coach disabled people and people with varying abilities in your session? We are working in partnership with Activity Alliance to help spread the word that inclusive coaching is just good coaching.
This practical course will enable you to develop your coaching skills and confidence to tailor delivery to a variety of different audiences.
Who is the programme for?
In line with the Coaching Plan for England's definition of coaching, the Inclusive Activity Programme targets three different audiences:
- Coaches / traditional physical activity deliverer family
- Local community activators (working for example in disabled people's organisations, community interest charities, housing sector and scout/guide groups )
- Health and care professionals
Thank you for booking on the Inclusive Activity Programme workshop. Please can you ensure that you complete the following survey before the day of the workshop- https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/IAP_pre
If you have any queries then please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Sports Development Officer