Experience Event Volunteering with Us!
Why volunteer in events?
Volunteering can provide the skills and experience to help with future employment. It also has many more benefits:
- Social benefits and the chance to make some great friends along the way
- Being part of something good for the community
- Being really close to all the action and probably some of the best seats in the house
- If you've got a friend or family member taking part in one of our events it's a chance to cheer them on the route
- And if you volunteer with us it's a chance to hang-out with the Red Army!
More importantly, we know from experience that voluntary positions can lead to paid jobs and having the chance to showcase your skills and enthusiasm to potential employers
What type of people are we looking for?
You must be a positive person, able to work in a team, be people focussed and be committed to providing the very best experience for all those taking part.
How old do you need to be?
Volunteers need to be aged 16 or over. Younger volunteers can help, but they need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
What does it involve?
There are various of volunteer roles:
- Registration Desk: Ensuring runners are all registered and are ready to tackle their events by issuing replacement race packs and answering any queries from both runners and spectators. You'll need to be confident speaking to the general public.
- Course Marshal: Be on the front lines of the course as you marshal a section of the route. We'll provide your sign-in station closer to the event. Your assigned section could be up to 1.5 miles away from where you check in so be sure your feet are ready for the haul.
- Rewards Marshal: Be one of the first to congratulate each runner crossing the finish line by awarding them their medals and handing out water.
- Sweeper: Cheering on the runners from the rear of the pack while providing on-the-ground support for Event Control, ensuring the last person crosses the line.
- Set up crew: Help set the course and event control.
This is completely down to you! We run events regularly throughout the Summer and will provide training and incentives based on the regularity of your volunteering. So if you would just like to volunteer for one event that is fabulous but equally there is opportunity for you to out with us most weeks April-October if you wish.
This year we are offering each volunteer a free 5K race entry for a friend/family member.
Sign up to volunteer!
If you are interested in volunteering at any or all of our events in 2022 then please email Events@northamptonshiresport.org.
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE SPORT EVENTS 2022
Northants 5K Race Series 2022
The Northants 5K Race Series started in 2011 and has become a regular fixture in the county's annual running calendar. With hundreds of runners taking part last year, including club runners, jogging groups and those who are completely new to running, the 5k Race Series offers something for everyone. The Series includes 5 trail races. All 5 races are multi-terrain courses taking in some of Northamptonshire's beautiful parklands and woodlands.
2022 Dates: Coming Soon