Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- One Angel Square
- 01604 367953
Tue, 11 Dec 2018
Members of Northampton Mencap have been given an early Christmas present this year in the form of physical activity opportunities provided as a result of partnership working between a number of organisations... Read More »
Northamptonshire Sport Urges Everyone in the County to Do their Bit to Help Get More Disabled People Active on International Day of People With Disabilities!
Mon, 03 Dec 2018
Today is International Day of People With Disabilities and Northamptonshire Sport are using it to urge everyone in the county to do their bit to help get more disabled people active.
One in Five people... Read More »
Thu, 29 Nov 2018
Northamptonshire Football Association (NFA) are inviting disabled people and their families, or carers to help shape the future of disability football in the county by completing their survey.
The survey... Read More »
- County Opportunities For Disabled People In Northamptonshire (MS Word, 145 Kb)