Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- One Angel Square
- 01604 367953
Mon, 15 Jul 2019
East Northamptonshire Council and Freedom Leisure have joined up to celebrate the local sports clubs and personalities across the district and the excellent work they do in local communities.
The inaugural... Read More »
Mon, 15 Jul 2019
Northamptonshire Sport is looking for partner organisations to help create some new and exciting physical activity sessions for children and young adults aged 14-19 years of age.
Through funding obtained... Read More »
- County Opportunities For Disabled People In Northamptonshire (MS Word, 146 Kb)
Northamptonshire Physical Activity Opportunities for disabled people