Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Disability Sport Contacts
Opportunities to get active and have a go!
All sport and physical activity opportunities should be inclusive of disabled people. However there are also some available in the county designed specifically with them in mind. Please use the document below to see a list of these activities and contact details should you wish to find out more about them.
See Active. Be Active
For more information about Disability Sport in Northamptonshire, contact:
Strategy Development Officer
My role is to support the development and delivery of the Northamptonshire Physical Activity Framework. I work with partners in Daventry, East Northamptonshire and Northampton to get people living in those areas more active with a real emphasis on the inactive groups identified within our hotspot areas. I'm also the lead for disability development and coordinate the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport group.
- 07766 991828