Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- One Angel Square
- 01604 367953
Posted: Thu, 19 Dec 2019
Activity Alliance have today confirmed that they will lead a new East Midlands Physical Activity and Mental Health Network. One of nine new regional hubs to help more people with mental health problems...
Posted: Thu, 28 Nov 2019
A series of short films have been released to help encourage more disabled people in Northamptonshire to get active. The films which are part of a project entitled 'See Active Be Active' have been created...
Posted: Wed, 06 Nov 2019
With the aim of developing their satellite clubs offer, Northamptonshire Sport conducted a survey in local secondary schools to determine what young people want from sport and physical activity. The survey...