Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- One Angel Square
- 01604 367953
Fri, 17 May 2019
A mental health charity in Rushden has been awarded funding by Sport England and the National Lottery to help people try new activities that will improve their physical and mental health.
Through this work,... Read More »
Wed, 24 Apr 2019
Today Activity Alliance has added to its suite of support with a set of engagement factsheets. From planning opportunities to measuring impact, the resources help providers to strengthen their work, enabling... Read More »
- County Opportunities For Disabled People In Northamptonshire (MS Word, 145 Kb)