Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- One Angel Square
- 01604 367953
Tue, 17 Sep 2019
Kettering is set to be transformed into a giant game this Autumn as residents are encouraged to get walking and cycling for Beat the Street.
Running from 25 September to 6 November, Beat the Street will... Read More »
We Are Undefeatable campaign launched to help support people with long term health conditions to get active
Mon, 02 Sep 2019
A major new campaign has been launched to support the 15 million people who live with one or more long-term health conditions in England.
Thu, 08 Aug 2019
We are delighted to announce the successful applicants for the first phase of the Mick George Sports Award in partnership with Northamptonshire Sport.
Corby Gymnastics Academy – To purchase replacement... Read More »
- County Opportunities For Disabled People In Northamptonshire (MS Word, 146 Kb)
Northamptonshire Physical Activity Opportunities for disabled people