Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- One Angel Square
- 01604 367953
Posted: Wed, 05 Feb 2020
Now in the third (and final) round of both our Inspiring Bursaries and Workforce Diversity Fund for this financial year, we are expecting a variety of applications before the closing date on Sunday 15th...
Posted: Tue, 28 Jan 2020
Four in five disabled people want to be more active but demand is not being met. Only two in five feel they are given the opportunity to be as active as they would like to be. Worryingly, this level of...
Posted: Thu, 19 Dec 2019
Activity Alliance have today confirmed that they will lead a new East Midlands Physical Activity and Mental Health Network. One of nine new regional hubs to help more people with mental health problems...