Northamptonshire Workforce Framework
'Building A Workforce For A More Active Northamptonshire' sets out the future direction for workforce planning, development and investment across Northamptonshire. The plan will help to guide organisations in the county with their own workforce development plans and initiatives to create a fit for the future workforce within the context and aligned to the county Physical Activity and Sport Framework' - Northamptonshire More Active, More Often'.
The main purpose of the plan is to:
* Develop a more customer focussed motivated workforce which will improve the participants experience of physical activity.
* Develop a more diverse workforce with the competencies, behaviours and soft skills to engage more people from under-represented groups, particularly the priority groups identified in the county Physical Activity Framework.
* Develop a highly motivated competent professional workforce that can help to drive participation levels.
* Change the culture and perception of the workforce working within the sport sector.
* Develop a countywide approach to developing the workforce providing clear evidence and impact driven outcomes.
The plan outlines three strategic priorities which aims to place the needs and motivations of the least active at the heart of all practice.
- Northamptonshire Workforce Plan 2019 21 (PDF, 11.3 Mb)
Sports Development Officer - Workforce
I am responsible for overseeing Workforce Development tasks related to Coaching and Volunteering. In addition to this, I act as Deputy Safeguarding Officer for Northamptonshire Sport.