The Workplace Challenge combines cutting edge technology via its online tools with experienced local knowledge and expertise of sport and physical activity delivery.
- Create a your personal dashboard to log and track activity
- Log activity and earn activity points for your workplace
- See how active your employees and your business are via our leaderboards
- Encourage your staff to set personal targets & track their progress
- Search & discover a variety of opportunities to get active via the A-Z of Sport and the event listings
- Log activity on the move via our mobile application
- Discover ways to network with other local businesses through the Workplace Challenge Competition Programme and Business Games events
- Workplace Challenge Business Case (PDF, 388 Kb)
Workplace Challenge Champion Training
Workplace Challenge Champion Training - A full day workshop aimed at HR Officers, Healthy Workplace Advisers or Workplace Ambassadors or Champions. This training has been designed by the British Health Foundation at Work team and the County Sports Partnership Network with the aim of providing you with skills, confidence and resources to promote better health and increase participation in sport and physical activity in your organisation.
Cost: £50 per person on courses run centrally, or £250 per course delivered at your workplace (min of 6 candidates & max of 20 candidates).
Workplace Jogging Group - Set your colleagues on the path to fitness by signing up to our Jog Northants programme. A tailored package would include:
- A 10 week Learn to Jog Course (to include Runners Logs Books)
- A qualified Jog Leader to lead the programme, or if you have a keen employee identified lead the programme one place on the Leadership in Running Fitness Training (LiRF) course providing Public Liability Insurance through England Athletics.
- Bespoke marketing material and ongoing support from our Jog Northants Coordinator.
- Option 1: £20 per person (minimum of 10 people) we provide the qualified Jog Leader
- Option 2: £200 per course we provide the qualified Jog Leader
- Option 3: Workplace to identify the Leader, £155 towards the LiRF training course (£55 will be reinbursed once the workplace jogging group has started).
Nordic Walking - Take your workplace into the great outdoors and take strides towards a healthier staff and business. Nordic walking can be done by anybody, anywhere and does not require expensive equipment or clothing.
A tailored package for your workplace could include:
- A free 45 minute Nordic Walking Taster Session (Minimum of 6 participants)
- A Learn to Nordic Walk Course for only £25 per person or £200 per course, (Poles provided by the instructor)
Activity Sessions - A one off taster session and/or a 4 - 6 week programme of activities delivered at your workplace depending on the facilities or space available.
- Dance & Fitness - Such as Pilates, Tai Chi, Zumba, Yoga, Salacise.
- Posture & Core Stability SessionsParticularly effective for a variety of post-injury rehabilitation remedies such as lower back pain, injury prevention and muscle strength.
- Stress Relieving Exercises - Including breathing and relaxation techniques which can done at the desk.
Costs: Range from £35 - £50 per session depending on the activity.
Table Tennis - Introducing table tennis into your workplace is a great way to improve health and wellbeing amongst staff. It is shown to increase social interaction and cross-departmental relationships (for the benefits of both work and pleasure) and table tennis has a great knack for involving and engaging people who are normally happier to reside inside their shells or shy away from sport or physical activity.
'Loop at Work' is a programme launched by Table Tennis England to introduce table tennis to the workplace in conjunction with Sport England and a series of equipment suppliers. Loop offers 'Beat the Boss' packages which include tables, bats, balls, trophies and games ideas at vastly discounted prices.
Softball - A chance to get away from the office and meet colleagues in a fun, social and enjoyable environment. A light and friendly introduction to the sport that is remembered for the CEO's home run!!! It provides a good way for everyone to have a good time in a relaxed yet organised way.
Hit The Pitch UK - Hit the Pitch is BaseballSoftballUK's national participation programme. It aims to introduce new players to softball in a meaningful way. It can be tailored to suit your organistation's needs. Whether you want to run a softball day, set up a team or run a league at your company, there's a support package for you.
Golf - There's no better sport for bringing people together and with its winning combination of exercise, sporting skill and social interaction, golf is the perfect tonic for good health and happiness. So why not enhance your staff benefits with the low cost beginner courses on offer across the county or build stronger connections between team members with a bespoke taster event.
Get Into Golf provides a number of ways that your workforce can get involved.
Go Spike is Volleyball England's campaign to increase the number of individuals participating in recreational volleyball. It provides individuals of all ages and abilities the opportunity to experience volleyball in a social environment. Go Spike can be played anywhere at any time – indoors, on grass or on the beach.
Volleyball England invites a Workplace Champion, or a workplace representative, to attend a Go Spike Activator Award to become a Go Spike Activator. The Award is a 4 hour course offering the following:
- Candidates to be a minimum 18 years of age
- £70.00 per candidate
- Activator Resource Booklet
- Go Spike Resource Bag to include a Go Spike Game in a Bag and Go Spike Ball package worth £25.00 including VAT and Delivery
- Fee includes £10.00 Go Spike Insurance offering public liability insurance
Volunteering - Some businesses encourage employees to do volunteering in the community as part of their Healthy Workplace programmes and Corporate Social Responsibility. We can provide employees with volunteer opportunities through our sporting volunteer programmes:
Event Makers are enthusiastic people who enjoy giving their time to help local sporting events run smoothly. You can volunteer as much or as little as you like. All you have to do is register with our Event Maker programme and we'll send you information on sports events taking place locally and their volunteer opportunities.
Join In connects volunteers with local sports clubs who need their help. This could involve one off volunteer opportunities or more regular volunteer opportunities.
We could also organise bespoke volunteer opportunities for your workplace or business.
Get Active, get recognised
The Active Workplace Award - Alongside the 21 categories at the annual Northamptonshire Sports Awards, the Active Workplace Award aims to award local employers who promote health and physical activity in the workplace.
The Northamptonshire Sports Awards showcase the very best of sporting talent and dedication in Northamptonshire. The awards highlight those who make an outstanding contributions to sport and physical activity in our county. Short-listers will receive an exclusive invite to the prestigious Northamptonshire Sports Awards ceremony which happen every November and are organised by Northamptonshire Sport.
The nominations for the 2017 Northamptonshire Sports Awards will be open in May 2017.
Workplaces being nominated for this award, must be based in Northamptonshire (organisations that are part of a national or regional organisation are eligible). Workplaces of any size can be nominated, as can individual departments within larger organisations, workplaces can also self nominate for these awards.
Sport & Physical Activity Manager
- 01604 366455