The game is played on a hard court with scoring rings at both ends, where players score by netting the netball.
An Overview of Netball
The game is played on a hard court with scoring rings at both ends, where players score by netting the netball. There are seven players on each team. All have named positions on the court such as wing defence or centre. The players are restricted to specific areas according to their position. Players cannot travel with the ball, making netball a game of fast passing with the object being to outscore your opponent by shooting more balls through the goal ring.
- Netball is a fantastically social, team sport
- You typically burn 450 calories per session
- It's a whole body workout, and brilliant for increasing muscle tone and improving your cardiovascular system
- It's low cost
- It's fun!
Dependent on the club, coach and session. Taster sessions are often free; Netball Now, Back to Netball is a very affordable pay and play scheme if you don't want to commit to a club and full on membership.
- Suitable trainers and clothing
- A netball and netball posts
- Position labelled netball bibs
Find Netball Activities Near You
Use the search below to find local activities near you.
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Name
- Head Office
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 01462 442344