Sportivate is a nationwide campaign that aims to capture the enjoyment of sport, providing opportunities for teenagers and young adults (including disability sport) to receive 6 weeks of coaching or led sessions.
Sportivate is a £32 million National Lottery funded programme and is part of the Play strand of Sport England's London 2012 mass participation legacy programme 'Places People Play'. The overall aim of this project is for 300,000 participants aged 11-25 years to complete weekly coaching sessions over four years with 120,000 (2 in 5), carrying on playing sport regularly. Sportivate will try to change habits and get more young people doing activity regularly.
Sportivate will run between April 2011 and run until March 2017.
Deliver a Sportivate Project
WHO SHOULD APPLY FOR SPORTIVATE FUNDING?
- National Governing Bodies
- Sport Clubs
- Youth Clubs
- Secondary Schools/Colleges/Universities*
- Groups/Workplaces representing 11-25 year olds
Deadline Dates 2015/16
Block 1 = April to June
Block 2 = July to September
Block 3 = October to December
Block 4 = January to March
Friday 29th January 2016 - Year 6 Block 1
Friday 29th April 2016 - Year 6 Block 2
Friday 29th July 2016 - Year 6 Block 3
Friday 28th October 2016 - Year 6 Block 4
- Sportivate Guidance & Criteria (PDF, 485 Kb)
*UPDATED* Please read before submitting your Sportivate Application.
- YEAR 6 Sportivate Application Form (MS Excel, 460 Kb)
For Sportivate Applications April 2016 to March 2017
- 2016 Youth Personalities Under The Skin (PDF, 6.8 Mb)
Understanding Youth Personalities to help get young people active.
- Sportivate Case Study Youth Personalities 2 (PDF, 4.7 Mb)
- Sportivate Project Deliverers App Guidance (PDF, 758 Kb)
- Sport England Youth Insights Pack 2014 (PDF, 2.2 Mb)
A 2014 Sport England review into young people's lives found sport needs to adapt how it presents itself to broaden its reach and increase the proportion of young people regularly participating.
If you're trying to increase your engagement with young people then download and read the full Insight Pack
- Insight Pack Summary (PDF, 256 Kb)
Our colleagues at Cornwall Sport have produced a 2 sided summary of the Youth Insight Pack to help you write your Sportivate Application
- Helping The Girls Believe They Can (PDF, 2.2 Mb)
What makes your session UNMISSABLE for young people
sports coach UK and Sport England have been working together to support youth coaches in understanding the Youth Insight 'The challenge of growing youth participation in sport' and how this might be used to make sessions more engaging, attractive and meaningful for young people.
They have created a short animation and accompanying support guide for coaches to generate ideas for their sessions. 'What makes your session UNMISSABLE for young people' draws on recent research and contains fun ideas and tips for planning sessions
What Motivates Young People to be Active
- What Motivates Young People to be Active -Guide (PDF, 734 Kb)
sports coach UK and Sport England have been working together to support youth coaches in understanding and applying learning from the latest youth insight Under the Skin. As part of this, we asked young people why they take part in sport or activity. The challenge for coaches, activators and leaders is to plan and deliver sessions to meet these reasons for taking part. Remember - all young people are different and will have different reasons for taking part, based on their different experiences, personality and lifestyle factors.
- Top Tips for delivery to Women and Girls (PDF, 1.3 Mb)
- Helping Wg Get Active Practical Guide Aug 15 (PDF, 6.1 Mb)
- National Case Studies 1 (PDF, 507 Kb)
- National Case Studies 2 (PDF, 544 Kb)
- National Case Studies 3 (PDF, 480 Kb)
- National Case Studies 4 (PDF, 591 Kb)
- National Case Studies 5 (PDF, 1.3 Mb)
- Women And Girls Research (PDF, 7.5 Mb)
The Women’s Sport and Fitness Foundation have been working on female participation with Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire Sport, Pro-Active East London and Wesport. This has included Sportivate through the attached report and they are happy for us to share it with our partners. There are some tips on female participation which you may find useful.
Sports Development Officer
For further information on Sportivate please contact
Joanna Danvers on :
- 01604 366254