We provide a range of services to help children and young people learn how to swim and improve their water safety and support Northamptonshire schools in the delivery of school swimming lessons so that they can meet the statutory requirements set down in the national curriculum.
Curriculum Swimming Lessons
Pupils are taught to :
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively (for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke)
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Community Based Swimming Lessons
Making Waves is an after school swimming lesson program at The Duston School Swimming Pool on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 4pm and 6pm.
The children work towards achieving skill and distance certificates in line with the ASA National Plan.
All abilities are welcome, from beginners up to advanced swimmers.
Our team of instructors:
- Are qualified to Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) Level 2 in teaching swimming.
- Hold (as a minimum) the National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches.
- Hold the Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) Rookie Instructor qualification.
- Teach groups of school pupils in different ability groups to develop their skills in swimming, enabling them to work towards the National Curriculum level and beyond.
- Will organise the testing of both distance awards and the fish and star certificates.
- Provide advice and support to the school staff
- Ensure that the schools are following the 'Safe Practice in School Swimming' guidelines.
For more information about the services that we offer, please contact:
School Swimming Manager
- 07734 459915