The #NorthantsGirlsCan Fund aims to support groups, organisations and clubs who wish to engage and provide regular and sustained sport and physical activity opportunities for women aged 25 years and above.
The programme is part of This Girl Can - a nationwide campaign developed by Sport England and delivered in partnership with a wide range of organisations, which aims to get women and girls moving, regardless of shape, size and ability.
Northamptonshire Sport has created the #NorthantsGirlsCan Fund to provide initial 'start up' grants of up to £500 for organisations across Northamptonshire to access, with the aim of providing more accessible opportunities for women aged 25 years and over.
To view an example of a successful project from this fund, a ladies boxing session based in Wellingborough, please click on the link below.
Northants Girls Can
Take a look at some of the fantastic projects that are already underway!
How to Apply
Applicants applying for funding should ensure that their project meets the following criteria and provide details of this within their application.
- Activity must target women of 25 and over
- Activity must run for a minimum of 6 weeksand can continue for up to 12 weeks.
- The activity must lead to a local exit route or sustainable session i.e. a local dance club or continuation of the session through participant funding.
- Activity must be a new initiative or be over and above the current provision.
- A charge should be made to the participants, either as a pay as you go basis or as an upfront cost
- Sessions should be coached or led by someone with an appropriate qualification.
- Funding can be used for coaching costs, facility hire, equipment and promotion of sessions.
- Partnership funding is not a necessity but is encouraged.
What is eligible for funding?