National Citizen Service Team Leader/Assistant
- £40 - £60 per day depending on age, qualifications and experience
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 8th December, 2016
- 12:00am - Fri 30th June, 2017
We are looking for dynamic, motivating and inspiring Team Leaders & Assistants to become part of our Activate National Citizen Service programme on our Bedfordshire programmes for 2017.
The NCS programme is a government funded social action programme that gives 15 -17 year olds the opportunity to embark on exciting new challenges that develop their work and life skills.
Stage 1: 5 day residential camping at an Outdoor Pursuits Centre followed by 5 days of workshops in halls at a college/school
Stage 2: Social Action Programme: 8 hours each day over a 5-day period
Graduation Night: Celebrating their achievements on the programme
Our programme for 2017 will be running Wednesday 12th July until Friday 18th August & will be made up of 3 waves.
As a Team Leader/Assistant you will:
- Be responsible for up to 15 young people providing supervision, motivation and inspiration; offering the participants the best possible experience of the NCS programme.
- Facilitate and deliver activity sessions and workshops to a group of 16-17 year olds
- Provide leadership and guidance during each day in a dynamic and energetic environment
- Be responsible for the participants completing the required 30 hours of the social action programme following their workshops
- To resolve issues on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the programme
- Inform all management of incidences as and when necessary
We are looking for coaches with the following:
- A genuine interest in the developing the experiences and skills of young adults
- Experience leading group activities in a activity leading/sport/education setting
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Approachable, tolerant and patient; to remain calm in difficult situations
- Show problem solving skills; ability to motivate and work on your own initiative
- DBS certificate - this can be provided by the company if needed at a cost of £30
- Experience working on the NCS programme
- Residential & pastoral experience
- First Aid certificate
Wages are dependent on age, qualifications and experience but can range from £240 - £300 per week.
We offer full in-house training including the Cardinus and IIRSM approved Risk Management in Sport and Childcare Setting Award.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible job opportunities to suit your availability
- The opportunity to gain meaningful work experience
- IIRSM approved training and CPD opportunities
- Pride and self satisfaction developing young people's life skills
How to Apply
If you would like to work for Activate you will need to complete quick and easy online application, which is found at http://www.activatesport.co.uk/work-for-us/.
Alternatively you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details of any of the vacancies we have.
- Jon Siebert / 01785 711 572 / email@example.com
Northamptonshire Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.
01604 366 976
Salary: £19,000 to £24,000 depending on experience & qualifications
Closes: 5:00pm - Thu 2nd March, 2017
Salary: Hourly - Depending on qualifications/experience
Closes: 12:00pm - Thu 9th March, 2017
Salary: £7 to £14 Depending on experience
Closes: 12:00pm - Fri 31st March, 2017