Swimming Teacher Training
- Grendon Outdoor Education Centre
67 Main Road
- Contact Name
- Steve Jackson
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- Thu, 25 May 2017
- School CPD
This classroom based workshop has been designed to improve levels of confidence for those teaching swimming at Primary level.
A comprehensive resource accompanies the 3 hour training which gives delegates a broad range of ideas to improve the quality of swimming lessons leading to more competent and confident young swimmers, improved stroke technique and increased awareness of water safety.
Throughout the workshop you will be introduced to the waterproof, user-friendly teaching cards, you will analyse video footage to work through real-life examples and you will work with others to develop lesson plans and new ideas.
- Improve confidence to teach swimming
- Know and recognise good stroke technique
- Use the Splash Cards to deliver high quality, varied and engaging swimming lessons
- Develop a range of ideas to create a programme of lesson plans
- Identify opportunities for cross curricular links