- Contact Name
- Simon Fowler
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 01604 366976
Share with Friends
Family FUNS Cohort 7
- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 (09:00 - 15:00)
Family FUNS is a unique club delivered by schools to support those children that are less active in Reception and KS1. The programme supports children and their families to change behaviours that aim to improve performance in school and life. Day 1 - Tuesday 29th November Day 2 - Wednesday 1st February
What is Family FUNS?
Aimed at children in Early Years Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1 and their parents/carers, Family FUNS helps families play and learn together whilst supporting children to develop the physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills to achieve in PE, school and life.
Family FUNS is a unique programme engaging families in regular, positive, active play and is making an impact across the country from Cornwall to Warrington. It brings schools or community settings and families together, ensuring consistent messages and promoting positive parenting habits to develop essential learning behaviours and physical literacy.
Measured outcomes include improvements in:
- children's Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS)
- children's Personal and Social skills
- parents'/carers' confidence to play and interact with their children
- the amount of active family play
Family FUNS training: what's involved?
- 2 days training for up to two activity leaders per setting to fully orientate them to the programme, resources and how to inspire home activity
- all supporting resources to run a Family FUNS club including easy to follow session plans
- home packs for every child to take home and continue to play and learn with their families
For the 2016/17 academic year Northamptonshire Sport are providing schools with an opportunity to access unique Public Health Funding to support up to 50% of the cost of this exciting programme.
On the day
- Please wear clothing appropriate for physical activity.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Parking is available onsite.
Day 1 - Wed 26th April
Day 2 -Mon 19th Jun
Tags: School Cpd