Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- John Dryden House, 8-10 The Lakes, Northampton, NN4 7YD
- 01604 367953
Sat, 25 Mar 2017
The exciting and explosive sport of Wheelchair Rugby has had a great start in Northamptonshire.
After a series of Taster Sessions organised by Northampton Saints and Great Britain Wheelchair Rugby (GBWR),... Read More »
Tue, 21 Mar 2017
Northamptonshire Sport, Corby Borough Council and The Triathlon Trust are delighted to be organising FREE kids' duathlon distance challenge event on Wednesday 17th May at Lodge Park Sports Centre, Corby.... Read More »
Mon, 13 Mar 2017
On Saturday 11th March a group of blind and partially sighted people participated in a sports 'Have a Go' day event with their families at Kingsthorpe Community College in Northampton.
The event was organised... Read More »