Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- John Dryden House, 8-10 The Lakes, Northampton, NN4 7YD
- 01604 367953
Mon, 27 Jun 2016
Our Level 3 School Games final are now in full flow. We have our annual summer School Games on 7th July but various stand alone competitions are also taking place throughout June and July.
On Friday 24th... Read More »
Tue, 21 Jun 2016
As part of Northamptonshire Sport's ongoing Northants Girls Can Coach project, inspirational Sailing Coach Meg Elliott has kindly written the article below providing insight on her role at Northampton... Read More »