Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire. In order to achieve this, NFDS has five key goals:
- To act as a collective voice for disability sport both in Northamptonshire and throughout the East Midlands
- To develop partnerships between local voluntary, statutory and private agencies to break down barriers faced by disabled people in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To make sure disabled people have access to sporting opportunities at a level of their choosing and ability, in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To empower disabled people to make a positive contribution in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity
- To ensure that each disabled person is treated fairly, without discrimination, regardless of his or her gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or economic background
Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport
- John Dryden House, 8-10 The Lakes, Northampton, NN4 7YD
- 01604 367953
Thu, 21 Jul 2016
A beginners' session for blind and visually impaired runners will be taking place at The Racecourse, Northampton on Saturday 10th September.
Run by Northamptonshire Sport, England Athletics, Run England... Read More »
Wed, 20 Jul 2016
Many of you will be familiar with various members of our team here at Northamptonshire Sport. Claire is one of our team of coaches, who plays football for Northampton Town Ladies. Claire is deaf and although... Read More »
Thu, 14 Jul 2016
A new national campaign has launched today to encourage and support disabled people, along with their friends and families, to become more active.
The Together We Will campaign looks to address the low... Read More »